Responsive web design is the futuresgallant
Tablet and smartphone users are increasing so rapidly that there are now more people surfing the web on mobile devices than on actual computers. Because of this, having a mobile-friendly website is more important than ever.
If your website doesn’t fit properly to a certain type of screen, it creates a more difficult user-experience. Despite these facts, many companies are hesitant to make this switch because they are unsure as to whether the investment is worth it.
Tablet and smartphone users are increasing so rapidly that there are now more people surfing the web on mobile devices than on actual computers. Because of this, having a mobile-friendly website is more important than ever. It is impossible to anticipate which device an internet user will view your website on, so having the consistency of a responsive design on all devices eliminates the possibility of your investment going to waste. But here are the facts: If you have a sloppy-looking online presence, you might as well not have an online presence at all.
Here are some recent statistics on the importance of having a responsive mobile design.
- 67% of mobile users say they are more likely to purchase a product or service from a website that is mobile-friendly (Source: Google Mobile Ads)
- 40% of people will abandon a website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. (Source: Econsultancy)
- There are over 1.2 billion people accessing the web from a mobile device (Smartphone, tablet, etc.) (Source: Trinity digital marketing)
- 75% of mobile users prefer a mobile friendly site. (Source: Google Mobile ads)
- Surprisingly, 82% of local business websites are still NOT responsive. (Source: SMS Marketing)
- Mobile coupons get 10 times the redemption rate of traditional coupons (Source: SMS Marketing)
- 57% of users would not recommend a business with a poor mobile site (Source: WardTechTalent)
- 40% of users will turn to a competitor’s website after a poor mobile experience. (Source: WardTechTalent)